Sunday 30 November 2014

The Emcee Makeup Design 3 (Final Design)

After experimenting with my first two designs, I reevaluated my research points and was inspired by the following contemporary images.. 













From these images, I devised my final makeup chart. I am using a red and black colour scheme, colours I associate with circus ring leaders, an act I relate closely to the Emcee. Around the eyes, I use supra colours to create a fade of colours down the cheek from black to dark red, primary red, and then white. I used a quick brush technique to create the effect, similar to that used in Impressionism. 
The eyelids are covered with a wash of black eyeshadow, the eyebrows are filled in with a M.A.C black pencil and false eyelashes (Eyelure 143) are applied to give thick, luscious lashes. On the lips, I line with black supra colour, extending a little at the corners of the mouth. I then fill the lips in with dark red and a touch of white in the centre.  The cheeks are heavily contoured with the combination of dark Kryolan foundation and NYX matte brown bronzer. 

I really love this design, I think it better relates to my character than the previous two. I also think it will look really great on my model considering his great bone structure. 


Products and equipment needed:·      
  • Makeup Brushes
  • Disposable applicators
  • Tweezers
  • Kryolan Foundation Palette
  •   Illamasqua Loose Powder
  •  Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
  •  Eyelure False Eyelashes #143
  •  Duo Adhesive
  •   Revolution ‘Flawless’ Eyeshadow Palette
  •  Supra Colour Palette
  •  MAC Black Pencil
  •  Maybelline ‘False Lash Effect’ Mascara







Emcee Inspo on Pinterest. 2014. Emcee Inspo on Pinterest. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.pinterest.com/danikayasmin/emcee-inspo/. [Accessed 01 December 2014].




No comments:

Post a Comment