Sunday 2 November 2014

Sally Bowles Hair Design

Initially I had considered creating a 1930s hairstyle that we'd learnt during a studio session with Seema. I had, however, already used this design for the Anita Berber assessment. So, I decided to explore different hairstyles of the 1930s. Taking into consideration that I would be the model of this design and my hair length is long, I opted for a design inspired by the images below. 




I want the hair to be smooth and sleek on top and then tight curls, teased to create volume, at the bottom. 


Products and equipment needed:
  • Hairbrushes
  • Hair grips
  • Hairspray
  • Small barrel curling tongs

-    Method:
  • Part the hair in a side parting on the right hand side
  • Section off the front of the hair before the ears
  • Curl the rest of the hair from the bottom upward in tight curls
  • Tease the curls and set with hairspray
  • Release the sectioned part of the hair and curl only the ends of this section
  • Smooth the front section tight to the head, from the parting behind the ears and secure firmly with grips, do this either side
  • Set with hairspray



I had my partner trial the hair design in preparation for the assessment. Here is an image from the trial. My partner (Terri-Anne) followed the guidelines I gave her to create exactly what I'd envisioned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment