Saturday 1 November 2014

Sally Bowles Makeup Design 2

For this makeup design I opted to go in a completely different direction to the first design. I love the exaggerated cupids bow that was a popular lip shape of the 1930s, the signature cupids bow of the 20s, altered/revised for the new era. For this lip, I chose a Bobbi Brown, bright red lipstick, first lining the new shape with a M.A.C pencil. I wanted the lips to be the focal point of the design so I applied a subtle brown shadow to the eyelids. Brown eyeshadow colours were considerably more preferred by brunettes. I want to maintain a doll eyed effect so I lined the water line with a white eye pencil and used a softer set of false lashes. On the cheeks I used an Armani liquid rouge that I found sits really nicely and photographs great. I filled in my brows as normal, elongating them slightly at the ends. 

Upon trialling this makeup, I found it difficult to disguise my natural lip line. I need to work on using different products to disguise this. I also need to work on achieving the perfect rounded cupids bow to better resemble my images of inspiration. I think these softer, sparse lashes work well and best resembles the false lashes women of the 1930s liked to apply. I think the eyebrows are too modern for this look. I need to work on changing the brow shape to achieve something more relevant to 1930s makeup. 








No comments:

Post a Comment