Saturday 29 November 2014

The Emcee Makeup Design 2

For my second design, I decided to go in a completely different direction. In the first couple of practical lessons with Lottie, she taught us the application of aqua an supra colours to create abstract art on the face. I really enjoyed working in this style and decided to incorporate it into my second design on the lips. 

I also decided to use this face chart to experiment with different textures. After applying brushes of supra colour onto the lips, I applied glitter, for a contemporary effect. I also worked texture into the eyebrows, sticking coloured rhinestone gems to different parts of the brow. 

I feel the colour scheme I used for the first design was a broad spectrum that didn't necessarily have any connection to the 1930s or my character. I therefore, decided to adopt a narrower band of colours for his design, working primarily with red with hints of yellow and green. The red is a reflection of the 1972 Cabaret Emcee, where he would wear red on the lip and cheek. 

Looking at the design, having put it onto a face chart and also practised on myself, I feel I've tried to include too many elements. I like the idea of using a red colour scheme however I feel this design is a too clown-like and quite tacky. I love working with the abstract technique and hope this is something I can continue into my final makeup design. 









No comments:

Post a Comment