Tuesday 11 November 2014

TIMED ASSESSMENT - IN THE ROLE OF MAKEUP ARTIST

These are the images from the second assessment where I used my partner's designs to create her look upon her chosen model. As the makeup artist, I was given my partner's designs in advance and was also given the opportunity to practise the makeup design. This was really useful to me because I wanted to make sure I had gauged the design correctly to create the exact look my partner had envisioned.






My partner's designs were really straight forward to follow which made me extra confident when it came to the assessment. 








There was a little last minute model alteration however the assessment ran very smoothly and I am pleased with the results. Initially Terri-Anne had planned to be the model herself however, very late on, she found out she could not use a female for a male character. Thankfully Sam was able to model for the assessment. I feel the design worked better on a male than it would have done on Terri-Anne. Factoring in the beard, the designs were altered to cater for the model. I hadn't worked on a man before but useful pointers from my teachers made the whole experience a lot easier. 
Terri-Anne's designs were very straightforward and detailed. I could follow them really well and always refer to the design for a visual aid. She made it very easy for me, the makeup artist, to execute her design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment