Wednesday 12 November 2014

Post 1 - Who is the character? (Contemporary)

The second part of this unit requires us to create a contemporary version of a Cabaret character. For this, I have chosen to design for The Emcee. My contemporary research towards my character will begin with Club Culture and the film Party Monster.

Who is my character?

The Emcee is the host of The Kit Kat Klub. I'm looking forward to the challenge of working on and designing for a male character. The Emcee is an expressive, cheeky androgynous entertainer and I am excited to produce a look based on this description.  


Joel Grey as the Emcee in Cabaret

Joel Grey as the Emcee in Cabaret
Oscar Vault Monday – Cabaret, 1972 (dir. Bob Fosse) | the diary of a film history fanatic. 2014. Oscar Vault Monday – Cabaret, 1972 (dir. Bob Fosse) | the diary of a film history fanatic. [ONLINE] Available at: http://cinema-fanatic.com/2013/02/04/oscar-vault-monday-cabaret-1972-dir-bob-fosse/. [Accessed 12 November 2014].

No comments:

Post a Comment