Wednesday 22 October 2014

Post 1 - Who is the character?


For the first part of this unit, we have to undergo a timed assessment. Within the allocated time, we are to create a historical version of a Cabaret character. For this assessment, I have chosen to design for Sally Bowles. Using my research, I will create a hair and makeup design that shall be given to my partner to create upon me. 

Who is my character?

Sally Bowles is a 19 year old, British cabaret singer. She an heiress, the daughter of a successful business owner. 
Of all the characters in Cabaret, I feel I could best challenge myself if I choose the iconic Sally Bowles. She's described in the script as, 'in her early twenties, rather pretty, rather sophisticated, rather child-like, exasperating and irresistible'. Working from this description, it will be tasking to interpret this into a hair and makeup design that hasn't already been done and doesn't bare too much of a resemblance to previous Sally portrayals. 






Liza Minnelli STEPPING OUT...: Liza Minnelli as Sally Bowles Oscar winner in Cabaret 1972. 2014. Liza Minnelli STEPPING OUT...: Liza Minnelli as Sally Bowles Oscar winner in Cabaret 1972. [ONLINE] Available at: http://steppingoutliza.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/liza-minnelli-as-sally-bowles-oscar.html. [Accessed 22 October 2014].

No comments:

Post a Comment