Wednesday 22 October 2014

Posts 2 - The Chosen Scene

ACT 1 SCENE 4

I have chosen a scene in which my character is present to work from. A part of my character development includes looking at their surroundings and the environment they're in. From here I can explore the emotions and mind set of my character as well as whether this influences their physical presentation. 

Screen shot of the scene from Cabaret Script

In this scene, we are first introduced to Sally Bowles. It is New Year's Eve 1929 and Sally is performing/celebrating at The Kit Kat Klub. She performs a musical number called ‘Don’t Tell Mama’ with a chorus of girls and then exits the stage and meets Cliff for the first time.

I have created a collage of images I felt represented the location in this scene. It's a night club in the late 20s. The audience are seated around tables and there is a main stage for the Cabaret performers. I also found images of posters inviting people to club celebrations from the same era. 



No comments:

Post a Comment